Why do I see an old image when I share my campaign on social media?
If you're seeing an out-of-date image or description when you share your campaign to Facebook or LinkedIn, it's likely your page has been cached by each network. To keep sharing your site fast, most social networks will keep a copy of your image after the first time someone shares that page.
Follow the instructions below for each social network to clear their cache and see your updated share settings.
Here's what to do to force Facebook to get your new image and share text:
- Head to the Facebook Sharing Debugger.
- Enter your Raisely URL into the box shown on the page and hit Debug.
- Press Scrape Again a few times until your new image comes through.
Here's what to do to force LinkedIn to get your new image and share text:
- Head to the LinkedIn Post Inspector.
- Enter your Raisely URL into the box shown on the page and hit Inspect.
- Press Inspect a few times until your new image comes through.
If you have duplicated a campaign, all your settings will also be brought across.
So if you have duplicated your campaign and find the share images are old versions or from the previous campaign, don't forget to Update your Social Media Previews.